Saturday, August 2, 2008

Being a FrieNd oF God

i would lik to base this post on Job 29:4

-Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house.-

so Job was remembering the "good old days" so to speak. Now most people would think that "prime" means lik being rich and have many things. but NO! as the verse continues on, it clearly says that when God's INTIMATE FREINDSHIP blessed his house. so u c. it was not about riches or possesions but rather God's friendship.

As a young boy, i used to think that my prime was when i was in form 1,2 and 4. coz dos were the years with great acheivements for me (at least for me). yea but as a matter of fact:

I NEVER HAD A REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!
yes i called on Him when facing the challenges BUT i took Him as tho He was a genie and when i prayed i would get what i want! So in actual that was actually the worst years of my life. lol. as 4 my prime? i dare not judge to say how gud my relationship is with God but anyways i guess i haven reach my prime yt. XD

SO the question is

ARE U A CLOSE (intimate) FRIEND OF GOD??

and d 2nd part of d verse, 'when God's intimate friendship blessed my house'. dis basically toks bout d benefits of having an intimate relationship with God. ok so we are not married and have kids n bla bla. but dun u tink dat this house could also mean our future generations as long as they follow God's word too?! excitin isnt it. We can see that God actualy WANTS To bless us. its juz us weder we allow Him to or not.

So as i close, i would juz lik to urge all of u, my brothers and sisters in Christ.. Begin to have that INTIMATE relationship with God. not juz normal but CLOSE. u cn begin by talking to God (praying) as in every relationship, the way it becomes intimate is by means of communication. Pray everyday! =)

Friend of God,
David

No comments: