Sunday, April 4, 2010

FaCEBOok? mY vIeW

Paul Washer - "Young man...some of you need to get off your Facebook! "

lol...people know me as the "anti-Facebook" person and I know by posting up this post, I'm going to receive a lot of criticism. But before you start shooting me, I just want to clarify that

Facebook is NOT BAD! (if put in proper use)

Yes Facebook can be used to promote events very effectively and perhaps even get a crowd to your event (eg.Easter, Christmas) ...

Yes by Facebook you can know what your friends are feeling, their emo-ness and therefore encourage them...

Yes Facebook can connect you to friends whom you have long lost (a point which I have to admit is a good part of Facebook)

Yes Facebook allows you to play games and keeps you entertained.

Just take these 4 reasons ok..

Though Facebook can promote your events, try comparing it to this... BUT if I were to trade the time I spend on Facebook, trying to set up the poster etc... with praying and getting in tuned with God... Would not signs and wonders follow me?? eg. healing, prophecty etc... and by that happening wherever I am, would not people be drawn to it? I mean a city on a hill cannot be hidden right?? O_o Light somehow still shines in darkness right? Comparing these 2, by Facebook, people know about the event but by praying "kao kao", people know and people WANT to come..which is more effective?

Yes people nowadays post up all their emotions on Facebook..so to keep up with whats going on, Facebook is a good tool... And when you do find a friend that is emo, you encourage and perhaps in that way touch his/her life.. BUT compare it to this.. Instead of frequently checking Facebook for updates on how people feel, spend time praying and ask God to show you who is in need.. God reveals and you contact that person... I'm sure the person would be SHOCKED as in how did you know the situation he/she is going through and this would definitely cause this person to be instantly encouraged and open to God right?? Power! lol

*The 3rd point as mentioned above is really a good thing but perhaps if looked in the ideal way, we could actualy consider praying and God directing us to meet up with that long lost friend via His divine apointment (a lot of testimonies of that).. =)

Facebook may entertain you, but I have seen some who have used Facebook for games, videos etc.... to the extent they spend hours on it..Spamming here and there on people's pages (via commments I think) and you know, as a Christian, it really is disappointing to see these young people spend time on Facebook but not with God (believe me I have witnessed this 1st hand). Imagine if the time spend on Facebook was spent with God.. Imagine the revival we would be see-ing!

Bottomline...Facebook is not bad...but to use it, you must be able to control it and not it controls you..if it takes up your time with God, better delete the account.. Should your whole body go to hell because you lived a live of little passion for God cause you spent more time with Facebook? But if by using Facebook, you can control, then by all means USE IT FOR GOD'S GLORY! =D

but 4 me, I want to be an example to the younger generation whom I work with that we can live without Facebook and that God is all we need! ....

*a video by Paul Washer about Facebook =p



Hope I didn't offend you,
David


No comments: