Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Christian Way

sorry people for the looooooonggg time I did not blog..lol..u noe lar..college life with all the assingments and exams etc....

and u noe..1 regret throughout this exams and assingments is that I did not spend time with God. And the result of that is my results not being as good as b4. seriously. honour God and He will Honour you.. let me repeat


HONOUR GOD AND HE WILL HONOUR U!


For you students out there, let me remind u once again, we are in this world to serve God and to live for His glory. Our main goal here is not just good results and all that kinda stuff. However dun get me wrong that i'm askin u not 2 study at all but rather, to put God 1ST no matter how busy u may be.. God 1st ya! =) Seek ye 1st the kingdom of God and His righteousness and the rest shall be added unto You.

Anyway, purpose why i write this blog is 2 share with u people some of the stuff which has actually struck with this few weeks or so.. With the wake of the church burnings and all that plus also some stuff in college which really pissed me off, all i felt was anger and thought of the ways of revenge but clearly if i was to harbour anger and think of revenge, what different would that make me from those that piss me off or even those church burners?

Going back to the book of Matthew and the sermon on the Mount, Christ actually thought us what to do when people offend us or even piss us off. Reading from:

Matthew 5:39 - Jesus said, "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on
your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and
take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.

Matthew 5:44 - But I say to you, love your enemies and bless those that curse you, do good to
those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute
you that you may be the sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes the sun
rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and unjust. (my
favourite part --->) For if you love those who love you, what reward do you
have?

From what we see here in Jesus' teachings, its like TOTALLY out of this world. Anyone in this world would definitely react in the opposite manner. However, coz we are christians, we are called to be salt and light to this world, to be different. And i know its easy for me to say this and to preach, but believe me, i go through the exact same thing that i speak about here in my college and each day i pray for strength to react the way Jesus would. What bout u? Will you do the same?

One modern example of a person who actually followed this teaching of Jesus is my mum. For more than 10 years, there was this person who like totally hated here. She wanted to resolve this issue and talk it out so that there won't be any tensions, but that person refused to. However, instead of like retaliating and playing cold war, my mum actually continued to cook 4 that person, helped that person out in all ways that she could and of coz continued to uphold her in prayer.

AND GUESS WHAT!!!!

1 day, after like 10 long years, the person came up 2 my mum to apologize and now they are like really cool with each other.. Amazing isn't it, God's ways!? =D .. We are to conquer evil with good and not evil with evil. Yes it is harder but the results are also better. Bigger sacrifice, Bigger fruit. So what will your reaction to be to people who actually hurt you?

Retaliate or Love?

Convicted to love,
David

2 comments:

WT said...

Great stuff man, enjoyed reading it. May God continue to increase in you His blessings that you may be a blessing to others.

- WT -

Anonymous said...

What you wrote here is really a great encouragement not only to me but I am sure to all other like minded brothers and sisters in Christ.

Greetings from Manchester.

Kah Peng